Available types of fastenings:
The fastening of front back earrings is in front. The hook is inserted into the loop from the front side of earring, which is useful when being put on by a different person than the actual wearer.
- This fastening is very resistant against loss.
- The fastening is very fragile, and therefore it is necessary to be careful especially at the first time.
Age recommendation: from 3 months to 3 yearsFront back earrings
The butterfly back closure for this type of fastening slides onto the shank (rod) of the earrings. The shank is provided with a notch which holds the butterfly backs in place. This type of closure is especially popular in Western Europe.
- If the earring gets caught on anything, it releases easily, which can prevent a possible injury to the ear. The fastening is very light and therefore more affordable.
- The butterfly backs secure the earrings to the ear slightly less than screw back fastening.
Age recommendation: from 6 monthsButterfly earring backs
In this case, the shank (rod) of the earring is provided with a thread on which a baloon-shaped closure is screwed. This type of closure is very popular.
- These earrings are fixed very securely and there is almost no risk of loss.
- Due to the screw system the act of putting them on is more difficult. Another small drawback is that the closure can easily capture impurities, e.g. soap or cream, so the earrings need to be cleaned periodically.
Age recommendation: from 5 monthsScrew back earrings
The fastening is disposed on the back side of the earring and is provided with a leverback, that closes the earring and prevents its opening and loss. Generally, this type of earring fastening is the most popular to use. It is suitable for older girls.
- Very easy to put on.
- It is heavier in weight, the price is therefore higher.
- Not suitable for babies.
Age recommendation: From 5 to 12 yearsLeverback earrings
When and how to get your children's ears pierced?
The decision to buy the first pair of earrings for your little princess involves many questions and compromises. It should not be a spontaneous decision, but something that involves deliberate consideration.
- When to get ears pierced?
- Selecting your first earrings
- Types of earring fastenings
- After-piercing care
- To pierce with an ear-piercing gun or a needle?
- In a salon or at the doctor’s?
- Acupuncture points on the ear